New look and design for a more show quality look. Billet aluminum with machined look.
JB Performance Oil Consumption Prevention Kit for Sprintex S5 series Superchargers. Note: Different size is required for Honda Fitt, Jazz, and CRZ. See other listing.
Sprintex models that run close to maximum RPM have a tendency to consume oil over a period of time. Oil consumption can cause several problems. One is that it can contaminate the engine components with carbon that can lead to detonation and sludge that can decrease the efficiency of the intercooler. Let it run too low and the supercharger can over-heat causing gear failure. We have several solutions for this problem.
JB Performance has developed a solution to prevent oil consumption with a Oil Consumption Prevention Device (OCPD). This device will vent supercharger case pressure while collecting the oil with mesh device and allowing it to drain back, without blowing oil and mist over your clean motor. Device is powder-coated a textured black to match the supercharger case to maintain a clean appearance and is lightweight. If you require a bare unit, Our patent pending collection system is easy to install with basic shop tools.
Kit includes the following:
- JB Performance Oil Consumption Prevention Device.
- 8 ounces of JB Performance Supercharger Oil.
- Permatex Anaerobic Gasket Maker.
- Brake Clean
- 21/64 drill bit
- 1/8 NPT
- 6mm allen hex
- Torque wrench
- PTFE tape or compound,
- Drill or drill press.
- Disposable gloves.
- Note position of supercharger and how it is mounted on the vehicle. Installation of vent must be on opposite side of drive snout. The vent must also be above oil level when in operation. Oil level rises while supercharger is in operation. Vent must also be slightly tilted to allow oil residue to drain back into supercharger when not in use.
- Mark the location where you intend to install with a black marker. You can use pictures below as examples. Specific applications in the pictures below will have descriptions in the picture notes.
- Remove drive snout from housing by removing 6x 6mm cap head bolts. Set bolts aside.
- Brake clean inside of drive housing to remove oil residue. Tape up inside area to protect any drill and tap shavings from getting into any bearings.
- Where you marked earlier, center punch. Use a 21/64 drill bit to drill straight into cover.
- Tap the hole using a 1/8″ NPT.
- Clean debris, remove tap. Clean again with brake clean, and if you have it, pressurized air. Be sure to tip so that the debris runs out of the drive area instead of into it.
- Clean gasket surface on both the supercharger head unit and drive snout.
- Thread Brass 90 degree elbow into drive snout housing with PTFE sealant.
- Apply Anaerobic gasket maker provided in a thin area across the gasket surface on the drive snout. Be sure to apply evenly across all areas, and pay attention to bolt holes. I find dabbing a finger across it helps.
- Install drive snout and 6 bolts. Snug all bolts. Torque from the center moving out at 16 ft. lbs.
- Thread the canister onto brass elbow. Make sure PTFE sealant is in place properly. If too much sealant is applied, it can get into the gear set and seals of the supercharger. Adjust angle after snug to allow oil to drain back when supercharger is not in use.
Supercharger Models affected:
- Jeep Wrangler JK
- Jeep Wrangler TJ
- Mini Cooper S
- Subaru BRZ
- Scion FRS
- Toyota GT86
- Dodge Ram
- Can be used on other S5 Sprintex models as well
NOTE: If your supercharger continues to consume oil after this installation, your seals have been damaged from the heat caused by too many low oil levels. We already use upgraded seals that have a dual lip PTFE seal which is an upgrade over the factory seals. JB Performance is the only company to offer this upgrade. This upgrade requires a full supercharger rebuild. Please note that ALL Sprintex models consume small amounts of oil no matter what. They have a design defect that causes this that cannot be overcome without a complete re-design.