WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER OIL LEVELS. Courtesy from Whipple Superchargers.
It is recommended that the following items be inspected at all normal engine service intervals:
- Check belt condition & tension. Replace or adjust as required.
- Check the supercharger oil level. Adjust if required.
- Clean & oil the air filter at the factory recommended intervals.
- Follow the standard maintenance recommendations by vehicle manufacturer.
- Change oil as directed below: We recommend every 25,000 to 36,000 miles.
Fill to center of oil sight glass. 5.8 fl/oz. or 155cc.
DO NOT OVERFILL!
(LYSHOLM/WHIPPLE UNITS with dipsticks: FILL TO TOP OF KNURLED OR NOTCHED AREA OF DIPSTICK)
Confirmed Oil Levels for EATON OEM applications. This does not apply to aftermarket superchargers as each one is different. Courtesy of EATON.
|OEM Application||Rotor Type||Size||Oil Fill (ml)||Oil Fill (fl oz)|
|BMW / Mini||3-lobe||M45||145 + 40 (rear)||4.9 + 1.4 (rear)|
|Mercedes EVO M111||3-lobe||M45||110||3.7|
|Ford Super Coupe||3-lobe||M90||240||7.9|
|Ford Shelby GT500||
|GM 3800 Series L67||3-lobe||M90||225||7.6|
|GM 3800 Series L32||3-lobe||M90||205||6.9|
|GM Cobalt SS LSJ||3-lobe||M62||100||3.4|
|GM Cadillac LC3 Northstar||3-lobe||M112||215||7.3|
|GM Cadillac LSA||TVS||R1900||150||5.1|
|GM Corvette LS9||TVS||R2300||150||5.1|
Dodge Hellcat/Demon IHI 2.4L/2.7L, JB Performance Supercharger Oil installation instructions:
Please note that it is easier to fill the supercharger oil before installation on the vehicle.
- When looking at the supercharger from the rear side, locate drain plug on lower right hand side of the supercharger. Clean any debris from around drain plug with a rag. Remove both drain plugs using 3/16 allen wrench. Use of the incorrect tool will strip out the drain plug. Inspect the magnet around the drain plug for debris and clean as necessary. A small amount of debris does not necessarily indicate a problem as the ceramic oil can become ‘charged’ by the magnet.
- Shake JB Performance Supercharger oil before use.
- The top drain plug serves as a vent. Tip the supercharger at a 45 degree angle. Fill with 6.7 ounces of supercharger oil into right plug hole. If you fill from the top left plug, oil can run down a vented rotor bolt, which can cause oil to exit supercharger on vented ports at the bottom of the supercharger, slowly over time, giving the impression that the supercharger has an oil leak issue. Do not over or under fill with supercharger oil. Failure to follow these directions can result in shortened lifespan of supercharger. See picture below for reference.
- Install both drain plugs and tighten to 65-75 inch pounds.
Maintenance interval: life of supercharger/80,000 miles.