Limited Warranty: WARRANTY REQUEST REQUIRES THE UNIT TO BE RETURNED. Any discussion/demands by phone or email will not be accepted for warranty. Any disassembly from original work will void warranty. JBP warrants any parts that are installed at JBP, free from defects in materials, workmanship, and assembly for a limited period of 12 months from the date of invoice. Re-use of customer components not designed by JBP are not covered under this warranty. Every effort is made to identify damage to hard parts with a strict condition required. The supercharger must be properly maintained and operated within original manufacturer’s specifications. Any claimed liability cannot exceed more than the dollar amount of the original transaction. Limited warranty is defined as coverage for any parts and labor that were purchased in the invoiced transaction with the exception of new component assemblies warrantied by the manufacturer. It does not cover damage from improper maintenance, accidents, neglect, improper use, improper care, alterations, mistreatment, improper installation, and continued use with an issue. New head unit sales warranty will fall under the manufacturer’s warranty. Any claim is subject to our discretion and only after inspected at JBP or the manufacturer. JBP will not be liable for consequential or incidental damages, shipping costs, removal/installation labor or towing costs associated with any incident. WE DO NOT WARRANTY SUPERCHARGERS DAMAGED BY RACE USE OR BY RPM OVER FACTORY RATING.
Supercharger must be returned in the exact same way that it was shipped. Care must be taken to properly pack the supercharger for return. Openings must be taped up carefully to prevent dirt and debris from entering the supercharger. Lack of care or concern on your part will result in labor charges from us to take the unit apart to clean everything and inspect for debris. Damage caused by return shipping is not covered, no matter who made the return label.
Examples of issues that can void a warranty:
- Hot air intake heat damage (air pulled from within engine bay without shielding from radiator/engine heat).
- The oil level is too high.
- The oil level is too low.
- Engine oil blow by. Use a properly made oil trap to prevent this issue. Our oil is tinted blue to help determine engine oil versus supercharger oil in a supercharger.
- Supercharger RPM exceeds maximum published RPM by manufacturer. Small pulleys and high engine rpms contribute to this.
- Foreign material has entered. Dirt, debris, hard objects, gasket material, piston rings, pistons, ect.
- Alterations after service or tampered serial #’s.
- Damage caused by external environmental conditions such as improper assembly of additional components to supercharger. Example such as over-torquing of bolts, too long of bolts, excess silicone used as a gasket maker pushed into the rotor pack, bolt holes,removal/reinstalling pulley with an impact, ect.
- Engine detonation. Engine detonation is the number ONE cause of rotor to rotor contact. Timing of rotors can be altered with detonation.
- Improperly tuned engine.
- High heat from intercooler issues.
- Overheating engines.
- Blown engines.
- Racing use.
- Schedule a repair date here. Please state warranty request in the details tab. We attempt to process and inspect warranty claim superchargers in 1 to 3 days. This is requested to minimize your inconvenience and allow us to plan ahead with staff.
- Fill out Repair Request Form and follow instructions. Please mark the package with the word “WARRANTY” next to label. Return item to JBP for analysis. No paperwork or documentation submitted with the supercharger, NO WARRANTY. Documentation protects you and us.
- Please be sure to provide Make, Model, Year, Crankpulley pulley sizes on vehicle.
If your item is off warranty, but you experienced a product issue with a rebuild of ours, you may still subject the supercharger to a warranty inspection at no charge. These are evaluated on a case by case basis.
Update as of 7/29/22: These is only for 1% who can’t seem to follow simple warranty return directions: If you decide to challenge the payment, instead of submitting the item for warranty, you will be billed for all legal fees and $110 per hour to submit responses to any challenged case before any warranty process will be honored. Your name and address will be posted online. In some situations, we will press charges per Iowa law.